Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to my presentation
Firma eiwa Lehm GmbH
I am Waldemar Eider
First of all it should be made clear that it is an air-dried material and not a fired building material! There are many names for the building material loam. These are, for example: Argile – arcilla – mud – Terreaux – loam – Klei – Clay….
We manufacture loam building materials and product systems of fiber insulation materials.
Our tasks are: research, development, and application techniques
Our focus is on the production of loam building materials as well as Know how transfer of expertise in the field of loam building materials and renewable raw materials – fibers from plant parts
2.) Loam is everywhere
The field of loam building materials is very interesting because the building material is available all over the world – it was and is used with loam houses in the modern western world as well as in all other countries of the world as a traditional building material. Loam is the world’s most proven building material. Whether in EUROPE – AFRICA – ASIA – LATIN AMERICA – Everywhere we find houses built with loam.
3.) One of the most important steps was to adapt loam to the current state of the art in building technology.
What does this mean?
The building material loam is now offered on the market as a finished product.
The assortment of loam products consists of loam bricks – loam plasters – loam paints – loam building boards as well as the corresponding substrate materials as primers and protective coatings.
The fiber material sector for building boards and insulating materials is a future market.
4.) The building material loam is equivalent to or better than other building materials (bricks, concrete blocks, cement, etc.).
Loam was used as a building material for many generations of human history throughout the world g.
So far, however, processing has been a problem as there were no finished products.
Due to the product development of the company eiwa Lehm GmbH, this material has become marketable as a building material.
The preparation and processing of loam building materials has been adapted to state of the art – they can be prepared and processed with conventional machines which are available in the building industry.
Expertise and experience
- Setting innovation and standards – this was the task right from the start.
- 1984: Craftsmanship activity such as the restoration of existing buildings was in the focus of attention
- 1987: Foundation of eiwa Lehm GmbH with the following steps: Research, development and application technology of loam building materials
- 1991: Field of activity: renewable raw materials
- The monument preservation prize in 1988
- Environmental Award in 1996
- Innovation Award in 1998 & 1999
eiwa-Lehm (loam) stands for high-quality products – modern design concepts and high ecological standards at the same time.
Optimal recycling management
There are no extremely high costs for the disposal of clay – because the loam can be reprocessed without high energy costs and used as a building material for reuse.
This is optimal recycling management of building materials.
Energy-efficient and gentle technology for sustainable building or renovation of existing buildings.
5.) My solutions of sustainable building materials are:
- Systematic further development of existing resources
- Loam and renewable raw materials on site as building materials.
6.) Development policy: projects must be developed for urban development as well as for the preservation of the building heritage
It is about careful renovation and conversion of the historic loam buildings.
Renovation with the same materials as the building was originally built – by no means with chemical materials!
Building & Building Industry
Of course, standard houses, zero energy and passive buildings can be built with thesee building materials.
The right solution for all types of buildings, whether residential or commercial, have far better positive
properties for residents and the environment than conventional building materials.
Properties of building materials loam and renewable raw materials
- moisture regulating
- High heat protection – the heat remains outside
- High winter protection – the warmth remains in the house
- The system solution for large buildings
- In the case of multi-story buildings, a load-bearing reinforced concrete structure will be erected for static reasons as well as earthquake safety.
- For all further expansion measures, loam building materials and renewable insulating materials of up to 60% can be used.
- Energy savings of up to 80% in terms of heating costs,
- Energy savings of up to 80 % in the manufacture of the product
- Energy savings of up to 90 % when disposing of the building material.
The appropriate solution is to follow the biological building principles.
What are the objectives of the proposal?
- Know-how and transfer in the field of energy-efficient construction with natural and renewable raw materials
- Development and implementation of long-term seminars – for further education and training for planners, craftsmen and construction companies involved in construction.
- Cooperation with local educational institutions, advisory services to ministries.
- Demonstration of feasibility on site
Optimizing energy requirements should be taken into account as early as the selection of building materials, planning and execution.
This is sustainable building and renovation, ladies and gentlemen.
Everyone is talking about the carbon dioxide balance
- loam is a product which is CO2 neutral to positive.
- Everyone talks about ecologically sustainable building materials.
- Loam building materials and building products from renewable raw materials are
Ecological & sustainable – aren’t they?
The biological and sustainable theory of building regulations has proven itself over centuries.
It is important, even very important, for people, animals and the environment to maintain and even further develop the ecological theory of building regulations. And not to be replaced by chemical materials. The mistakes done with chemical materials should not be imitated.
THE FUTURE can only be achieved with growing sensitivity!